Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award
As part of Action for Children’s National Programmes, Inspire IT have been supported by Dell over the past 10 years to enable us to continue to bridge the digital divide for some of the most disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
Thanks to Dell’s continued funding we are now working in partnership with iDEA, an international and industry recognised award programme aiming to address the digital skills gap.
The Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award, known as iDEA, is an international programme that helps you develop digital, enterprise and employability skills for free. Through our series of on-line challenges you can gain career enhancing badges, unlock new opportunities and, ultimately, gain industry recognised awards that help you stand out from the crowd.
- I am a learner – Learn vital skills for work and life!
- Badge your Brilliance – As well as being fun, the badges on iDEA provide visual acknowledgement of achievement
- Industry Recognised Awards – With enough points you can gain industry recognised awards and unlock ‘special achievements’.
- Use any Device – Play and Learn with digital badges, on any device anywhere you can get on line.
WHAT IS A BADGE? –
iDEA Badges are interactive online modules, created in consultation with industry experts that you can access anywhere, on any device. They vary in length and difficulty and iDEA has a huge range of badges you can choose from, just pick one that interests you and get started.
- BRONZE,SILVER AND GOLD – iDEA is the digital and enterprise equivalent of the DUKE OF EDINBURGH AWARD. Bronze is beginner, Silver is Intermediate and Gold is Advanced.
- “A new and different way for people to learn digital skills and showcase their achievement to potential employers”
- “iDEA allows those who may never have thought of themselves as an achiever to become just that”
- “iDEA is an accessible and sustainable education service that can empower and connect millions across the globe”
- To achieve the BRONZE AWARD you need to have a minimum of 250 points and these points need to be made up of at least 50 from each core category (CITIZEN, WORKER, MAKER, ENTREPRENUER).
- As soon as you achieve your iDEA Bronze Award you will be able to claim your certificate. Your certificate can either be downloaded instantly or sent to you in the post.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT BADGE CATEGORIES ON IDEA?
iDEA’s different learning categories cover topics as diverse as cyber-security, cloud computing, e-safety; and animation, growth hacking, customer relationship management and web development.
- CITIZEN badges help you to learn digital awareness, safety and ethics.
- WORKER badges teach you tools and techniques which are useful in the workplace and employability skills.
- MAKER badges are all about digital creativity and show you how to build and make in the digital world.
- ENTREPRENEUR badges are how to help you learn to originate ideas and bring them to life.
- GAMER badges help you to learn gamification techniques and teach you how to make games.